I believe in technology and I love learning technology development and all the recent advancements. You already know that technology is all around us and it is not going to stop evolving.
My advice is that whoever you are and whatever you do you must start learning it.
Get align with the technology because it will make your future bright and put you in the lead, in your career and life as well.
Start with gathering the latest news
I always try to get my hands on the latest articles, related posts and journals to gather news and information about what is coming next and how can I improve my work and life with that.
Many times I even check out the e-commerce website just to get knowhow what is in the consumer market.
From Space research to healthcare and all, I try to learn everything.
Sometimes just by following the leading brands can give you a good amount of regular information about latest tech.
How to start learning
Now the big question you will ask me:
“This all sounds Cool! I am following all the trends and news and gathering all the information and using a couple of them but how can I start being involved in them or how can I start learning and building something?”
Here is the short answer: Start making something.
STEP 1: What should I make
You might be thinking: “What should I make?”
Look around what trouble you the most?
- Is that the night bulb which you wish to control from your smartphone.
- Is that the plant you forget to water, and want to make a self-watering arrangement.
- You want to make something fun like your custom watch.
- Maybe something more sophisticated like your custom smart home.
STEP 2: Understand what elements of technology
There are 5 different elements of development:
- Mechanical Components: It involves its body, connectors, joints, nuts bolts, bearings, transmission
- Electrical and Electronics: it involves your motors, actuators, sensors, boards, processors, controllers, wires, connectors, switches etc.
- User Interface: this consist of the method you want to use to interact with your system, it can be an app on your smartphone, or a small screen on your system, or your computer.
- Power: you need to understand what power source you need, what should be its capacity and rating etc.
- Synchronization: this gives an idea of how you can all your components to work as a solution.
This looks a little bit too much at first but you need not
You can pick one path may be just collect everything at first and just synchronize them like a DIY kit project. I feel that it is the best way to start without eliminating the fun part.
STEP 3: Entry point
Now it is time to identify the entry point. I have made 4 different entry points for you.
Entry point 1: Start with a DIY kit.
In the second phase you can choose any particular area and start learning, it can be electronics, app making or mechanical components.
Alternatively, you can learn all of them side by side.
Entry Point 2: If you already prefer coding or have an interest in making the user interface.
C is good for starting to make programs for Arduino Boards (electronics).
Entry Point 3: You prefer the path of electronics.
Do you like to go with electronics part first, start with
Try to use Arduino Board with the following sensors:
- For obstacle detection or radar, project use Ultrasonic Sensor
- For self-watering system use Soil Moisture Sensor
- For testing temperature and humidity project use Temperature and Humidity Sensor
- For medical project use Pulse rate sensor
- For bending application like control glove, use Flex Sensor
You need to learn C programming in order to back up for the Arduino project.
Entry Point 4: You want to build a product and you have an interest in mechanical.
If you like mechanical than start with designing your own product with CAD tools like Autodesk Fusion360 and make them either with raw materials like wood, cardboards, channels and rods or prototype with 3D Printing.
Any path you choose you should try everything first. My recommendation is to start with learning kits and then start tweaking its components.
If you find interest in electronics starts playing with different sensors. Change the functionality.
Do you want to change the interface or build your
Would you like to add some more features just design and build them with cardboard or
The only way to learn is JUST JUMP INTO IT AND START DOING.
Today you have the power of the Internet and there are lots of learning resources, so don’t wait.
So, what problem you want to solve first?